For the month of January, we offer you a 10% discount on all our packages including a newborn, maternity, cake smash, and family photography! In order to book please head to our BOOKING page and secure your slot by paying a deductable deposit of £99. The 10% discount will be applied to your final invoice once your session is over and you choose your images!
Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood!
Nothing can compare to the joy and excitement a woman experiences when she’s about to become a Mum.
Many say a woman is at her most beautiful phase while pregnant. Nevertheless, a lot of expecting ladies will disagree because of the hormonal hurricane and changes one’s body undergoes during pregnancy, especially towards the end of it. That is why our maternity photoshoot is designed to empower the mum-to-be and make her look and feel like the Goddess that she is.
When to book Your Maternity Photoshoot?
It is never too early to plan a pregnancy photoshoot. Sometimes we have the opportunity to make an appointment at the last minute, but the recommended notice is of 6-8 weeks. If you would like a weekend session, it is important to book way in advance, as Saturdays and Sundays are booked really quickly.
We often get asked if the time of day matters for a maternity photoshoot- the short answer is ‘’No’’. Studio maternity sessions are done with professional lighting equipment, so the time of day does not matter. If You are looking for a lifestyle shoot or an outdoor one, then it does, but this we discuss over the phone during consultation.
Maternity photoshoots usually take place between 29 and 36 weeks depending on the size of your bump and personal preference.
That’s as early as the seventh month, yet no later than the end of the eighth month of pregnancy. This period around the third trimester is the best time to show a nicely rounded baby bump.
During the 29 to 36 weeks window, the mum-to-be most likely still feels fairly comfortable, so it’s less challenging for her to stand or pose during the pregnancy photoshoot. It’s also late enough in the pregnancy for the expecting mum to look visibly pregnant, with a nice round bump to show off.
If your family wants to use the maternity photos for announcements, You should aim to do the maternity shoot no later than the beginning of their third trimester or around weeks 27 to 28. That way we will have enough time to edit Your images and for You to order any printed materials or create digital files for distribution to family and friends.
What’s included in your maternity photoshoot / pregnancy photoshoot package?
1. Phone or Online consultation where we get to know You and take the first steps into designing the dream session as well as prepare You for the day of the photoshoot. It is of utmost importance for us to build a warm relationship and understanding with our mum-to-be clients. That approach is why they choose us for their maternity photoshoots. Our clients love our work and we love them!
2. Opportunity to book professional makeup and hair on the day of Your session in our studio. Starts at £150.
3. Guided session – we will advise you how to stand and pose throughout the duration of the photoshoot, so together we can create diverse shots, fulfil Your vision as well as use different lighting techniques.
4. Access to our specially designed and curated wardrobe and accessories for pregnant women. All our dresses are made exclusively for Mum Dad and Me Photography. You are welcome to bring Your own selection of garments and accessories. We will discuss this in our phone or online consultation so all will be colour coordinated on the day of Your photoshoot.
5. Professional retouching (editing) of selected images in style and quality fit for a magazine. Artistic processing of the shots, where we add colour and texture to Your images where needed. Most mums-to-be are often wary of their body, a little stretch mark popping out or a not-so-perfect complexion of the skin due to all the hormonal changes Your body goes through during pregnancy. Not to worry! All these tiny so-called ‘imperfections’ will be carefully adhered to in post-production and will not be visible on Your postcard-perfect pictures!
Can my partner and/or other children be involved in the maternity photoshoot?
Absolutely! Your baby daddy is most welcome and encouraged to join. We love capturing the love and affection daddies-to-be have for their partners and unborn babies. This unconditional Love really shines through in the pictures and will keep your heart warm for years to come.
If your child/children are coming to the pregnancy photoshoot, please also make sure to bring someone who will be responsible for them during the time You will be busy posing, or let us know if no one is available at least a week before your scheduled shoot so we can organise a nanny. (extra cost may incur)
How to prepare for the session?
Try not to wear tight underwear and clothes on the day of the session to prevent marks on your skin. Get a manicure and pedicure a day or two in advance.
Pro Tip – stick to neutral colours unless there’s a specific colour theme we’ve discussed for your photoshoot.
It is recommended to wear and bring with you UNDERWEAR in skin tone, white and black colour, bra with removable straps, bodysuit.
Can I pose nude?
Should I worry about the extra weight (chin, arms, back) OR stretchmarks?
Will you help me posing?
I love Your work! Is it possible to re-create the same shots I saw on Your website and/or social media platforms?
How soon will I receive the photos?
Can i purchase album and/or wall art from you?
Absolutely. We offer a variety of premium quality products, that are not available for purchase elsewhere. Only through professional photographers. Let’s talk further. We showcase samples in our studio. Now that we’ve gone down to the bottom of what a maternity photoshoot entails it’s time for You to give us a call and book Yours.
Looking forward to welcoming You and Your family to our studio soon and turning loving moments into stunning works of art in a blink of a lens!
Warm Wishes from Tamara and the Mum Dad and Me Photography team